Puzzles, riddles or brainteasers are always fun to solve. If you are bored then riddles like What was the neighbor’s solution to divide cows? or Tortoise Cat Table – How Tall is The Table? would help you feel good.
Here is another puzzle where you are given two hourglasses. One hourglass can measure 7 minutes and other one can measure 4 minutes, you have to measure 9 minutes using these 2 hourglasses.
It would be really interesting to solve this puzzle. Let’s see if you can solve it, if not then scroll down to find the answer.
There are 2 hourglasses in front of you. One hourglass measures 7 minutes, while other measures 4 minutes.
How do you time 9 minutes by just using these 2 hourglasses?
If you think, you are good in identifying country flags then, try this quiz as Only 5% people can score 90% in this country flag quiz. Can you do better?
HourGlass Puzzle Answer:
- 0 minutes: Start both hourglasses at the same time.
- 4 minutes: 4 minutes hourglass runs out and flip it. While 7 minutes hourglass is left with 3 minutes.
- 7 minutes: 4 minutes hourglass is left with 1 minute. 7 minutes hourglass runs out and flip it.
- 8 minutes: 4 minutes hourglass runs out and 7 is filled with 6 minutes and 1 minute on the other side. Flip it as the sand is left with 1 minute.
- 9 minutes: 7 minutes hourglass becomes empty from above side.
Answer Source: puzzle hourglasses puzzle