Take on these tricky riddles to see if you can stand up to the challenge. Here we have listed 21 tricky riddles with answers for you. We have pulled together some of the toughest and some easy riddles from around the web to see if you can stand up to the mental challenge. You can share these riddles with family members, friends and see if they can solve these.
You can also try some funny riddles. These riddles are both funny and challenging.
Or try this challenging puzzle where you are asked to find the hidden cat. I am sure it would be tough to find that hidden cat but you can find it.
Tricky Riddles With Answers
- X is the father of Y. But Y is not the son of X. How’s that possible? (Answer: Y is the daughter of X)
- A man dressed in all black is walking down a country lane. Suddenly, a large black car without any lights on comes round the corner and screeches to a halt. How did the car know he was there? (Answer: It was day time.)
- A rooster laid an egg on top of the barn roof. Which way did it roll? (Answer: It didn’t roll – since when did roosters start laying eggs?)
- A truck driver is going down a one way street the wrong way, and passes at least ten cops. Why is he not caught? (Answer: Because he was not driving! He’s walking on the sidewalk.)
Also Try: 10 Tricky Riddles With Answers
- An electric train is moving north at 100mph and a wind is blowing to the west at 10mph. Which way does the smoke blow? (Answer: There is no smoke with an electric train.)
- How can a man go eight days without sleep? (Answer: By sleeping during the night time)
- How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? (Answer: The Egg won’t crack the concrete floor!)
- If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it take before all the pills had been taken? (Answer: 1 hour! Take the 1st pill right away, half an hour later take the 2nd and half an hour after that the 3rd. Total time spent: 1 hour! )
- If Mr Smith’s peacock lays an egg in Mr Jones’ yard, who owns the egg? (Answer: Peacocks don’t lay eggs, just peahens.)
- If there are 6 apples and you take away 4, how many do you have? (Answer: The 4 you took.)
- If you had only one match, and entered a dark room containing an oil lamp, some newspaper, and some kindling wood, which would you light first? (Answer: The match.)
- Some months have 31 days, others have 30 days. How many have 28 days? (Answer: All months have 28 days.)
- Mary’s father has five daughters named Mala, Mili, Mele, Molo …Guess what would be the name of the fifth? (Answer: Mary! She would be the fifth daughter)
- What goes up and down, but still remains in the same place? (Answer: Stairs! )
- How far can you walk into the woods? (Answer: Half way. After that you are walking out of the woods.)
- What happens when you throw a blue rock into the yellow sea? (Answer: It will become Wet.)
- What gets wetter & wetter the more it dries? (Answer: A towel)
- What goes up and never comes down? (Answer: Age!)
Also Try: Arrow Up to Down Triangle Puzzle
- Which is heavier, 100 pounds of rocks or 100 pounds of feathers? (Answer: They both weigh the same – 100 pounds)
- What has a head and a tail but no body? (Answer: A coin)
- How many times does the alphabet ‘a’ appear from 0-100. (Answer: None).